Please click on a category to see more images.
If your furniture is of good quality, but looking for a new lease of life, you may consider having it updated. Listed below are a few ideas to think about when requesting a commission:
- Will the item of furniture in question be staying in its current location or moved to a different room?
- What colour is your decor in the room and is your current colour scheme staying or changing in the foreseeable future?
- Do you prefer your item of furniture to blend in with your colour scheme or to be in contrast with the decor?
- With the above questions in mind, will you require a one colour finish or maybe two?
- Are you interested in having a unique touch like a floral, french, geometric or personalised design?
- Would you prefer a smooth clean look or something with more of a distressed and 'lived in' look.
- You also have the option of having the inside of the furniture painted and the hardware changed (if required) to suit your new style.
- Lastly, sealing the furniture. With chalk and mineral paints, there are generally two options available: wax or varnish. Wax leaves a more rich, characteristic finish (especially in darker shades), but is generally not recommended on high traffic items of furniture (ie. dining room tables, coffee tables). Varnish is more durable and waterproof, ideal for high traffic pieces in your home. Then there are other paints that are self sealing and do not require a wax or varnish seal. This is an important decision to make so that your newly painted piece lasts a long time.