For those of you who may be new to upcycling and learning about paint, what do the above key points mean exactly:
- Non-toxic - Fusion Mineral Paint goes through rigorous quality control testing on each batch created and is made with the best ingredients available on the market. It is virtually odourless, non-toxic and lead, ammonia and formaldehyde free. Fusion is safe for you to use indoors, around children and on children's furniture.
- Exceptional Coverage - Yes, tried and tested here at Revamped. The majority of colours may only require one coat or a very thin second coat. (Whites and off-whites may require a third coat as is normal with whites). If painting whites over a dark base, a coat of white or grey primer is an ideal alternative to save paint.
- Minimal Prep - There is no such thing as no prep for paint - even if it's just a thorough clean before your first coat. Revamped can advise you on specifics depending on the item in question being painted, i.e. types of wood that bleed etc.
- Self Sealing - Fusion Mineral Paint has a built in resin (not wax) that means that the paint does not require a top coat and is self-levelling and waterproof. Goodbye to the days of waxing or varnishing to seal your furniture. (However, decorative waxes, glazes and more are also available to satisfy your creative side). Fusion Mineral Paint is also suitable for exterior items, such as garden furniture, window boxes, plant pots and front doors. It is UV resistant and, therefore, will withstand hot summers and cold winters without fading.
- Easy to Apply - it goes on like butter. Fusion Mineral Paint doesn't thicken over time and there is no chalky residue clogging up and falling back into your pot.
- Smooth Matt Finish - left as it is Fusion cures with a matt finish. However, if you do prefer a slight sheen or gloss to your paint work then a water-based varnish can be applied.
- Fusion has a shelf life of 7 years unopened and can freeze upto 3 times before the paint is compromised - however, we do recommend storing your paint indoors during winter months. Once opened, your paint will last 3+ years easily. If the pot contents is less than halfway, we do recommend decanting the paint into a smaller pot to reduce the air content and your paint will last even longer.
Is there anything that this paint cannot do? Well, it doesn't do the washing and cooking!
With over 60 beautiful shades availabe, including metallics, it's hard not to find something you love. Using natural pigments to create Fusion Mineral Paint, every effort has been taken to ensure that this product is non-toxic, hard wearing and easy to use.
All colours can be mixed with each other if you're looking for a shade that just needs tweeking or changing entirely.
Speak to Beverley about a colour that you can't find and we're sure to have a 'recipe' to help you out!
To Prep or Not to Prep
Although for the most part the only prep you need with Fusion Mineral Paint is a thorough degrease and scuff sand, there are some surfaces out there that need a little help.
Whether you're painting veneer, glass, pine or mahogany our tips card and personal in store advice will help you make the right decision for your project and obtain a professional finish every time.